Sunday, September 30, 2007

Famous in a Small Town

Yes...I know that I have been a bad blogger. You can stop giving me a hard time...you know who you are.

Larry and I had a great date night last Friday, going to see Miranda Lambert at a local bar. She was great. We had a blast, until the high concentration of smoke in the place started to get to me.

We were having a great time, but our night took an unexpected twist; a good twist, but altogether unexpected. As we were sitting at our table, procured several hours before the show, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, an unfamiliar face asked me "Who is the morning personality for WYYD?" I answered correctly and then this unfamiliar face responded " Well, how would you like to meet Miranda Lambert?" He then proceeded to hand me two backstage passes. Here's the proof:
All in all, it was a pretty great date night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds like fun and a good thing you got to meet Miranda!

Anonymous said...

im thinking there must be more to the story, otherwise thats the most random thing ive ever heard.

makes me think next time im at a bar, ill get asked was in the "odd couple" and get to meet walter matthau. is that possible?
todd

thejennings4 said...

You forgot the part where you were attacked by two ferocious Jamaican Lizards!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations! I know I've heard and liked some of Miranda Lambert's songs, but I'm drawing a blank on what any of them are, right now.