Sunday, September 9, 2007

Weekend Recap

This weekend was great for the both of us. We spent all of Saturday with my best friend Leanne and her family to celebrate her graduation from a strenuous MBA program. We left Lynchburg early in the morning and had a blast. I'm so proud of Leanne! She completed this MBA program, worked full-time and gave birth to an adorable 11 pound baby in the spring. She Rocks!

We got to Richmond a little early and spent some quality time with Thorn, the aforementioned 11 pound baby, who is now a thriving 5 month old. He's going to be a heartbreaker.

After the ceremony, we had a fabulous dinner and even more laughter and good times. Alas we could not stay in Richmond last night. Since it was race weekend, there was not a hotel room to be found in the city. So we drove back to Lynchburg....or should I say Larry drove back to Lynchburg and I slept.

There's not a lot of news to report on the adoption front right now. We're waiting on our I71H and compiling our dossier. Larry's on the ball and has gotten several of the necessary papers together already. Not me, Not yet. I hope to get a move on it this week. I have been working on the nursery a little more and I'm posting a picture with a brief hint.

Who can resist that face!


Best Friends have good hair days.

Larry getting in some practice holding a baby!

A spoiler for the nursery!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with Uncle Larry holding the baby! Its so adorable!

Unknown said...

Cute nursery painting. I'm not so artsy as all that. Thorn is cute. I cant wait til you have pictures of your own baby up though! Good luck getting all that paperwork together

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I love your nursery painting. Glad things are moving along with your adoption! We just saw a lawyer this week to start H. adopting Colton. Of course, a much easier process than what you are going through - fortunately a new law lets us use the step-parent adoption procedure.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment on our post! What amazing pictures and sounds like you have an amazing best friend!