Sunday, April 27, 2008

No more Sanford and Son!!!

Yesterday, Larry and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary; which we hope is the last one as a family of two. And I can honestly say that it was one of the best days I have had in a long time. What exciting event helped to ring in this milestone? Yard Work. Yes, you read that right...yard work. Grass was mowed, flower beds were weeded and the raised bed for our vegetable garden was extended. Once the raised bed was complete, I got to plant some veggies. Four types of peppers, five types of tomatoes, sweet peas and strawberries. I can't wait until summer.

But even more exciting than the yard work was cleaning off our back porch. No longer does it resemble the set of "Sanford and Son." Rather, it's clean and livable and organized. I would show pictures, but i am too embarrassed of how it looked before.

We ended the evening with steaks on the grill and a replica of our wedding cake. Yummy!

We hope to have some progress on the adoption front in coming days or weeks. I've been thinking quite a bit over the weekend about the current status of adoptions in Vietnam. It appears that after September 1, 2008, adoptions between Vietnam and America will shut down, unless you have already received a referral. While we decided to pursue a domestic adoption right now, Larry and I both feel strongly that there is a child meant to be in our family in Vietnam. My thoughts are with those families currently waiting for their children to come home and to the children in Vietnam in need of families.


Happy Anniversary!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture! (And, maybe you thought I wouldn't notice, but I was definitely cropped out of this shot.)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on five wonderful years. So many only dream of the relationship you guys have...it is special and strong. And sooner than later, some lucky child will have you as parents...love you both...dad

Anonymous said...

Happy Anny guys!! Can we move future celebrations to the 28th? It is soo much easier to remember that way
Todd

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and a beautiful post!

Anonymous said...

Here's too many more!!