Sunday, August 17, 2008

9 to 5 ( or more like 8:30 to 5)

I've been in a bit of a funk this week, which has led to a bit of a blogging drought. I've had so much on my mind and have been trying to weed through some ups and downs.

After seven glorious weeks as a stay at home mom, I returned to work last Monday. I only got teary-eyed once, as I pulled out of the driveway, but the little girl was in the capable hands of her daddy. Larry took three weeks off from work to spend some quality time with T, which was awesome! I'm so glad that they are getting to spend some time together. I'm a little jealous though, since she is becoming more alert. But nonetheless, they are having fun. I was also jealous when I got home Friday after 5 p.m to find both father and daughter still comfortably decked out in their pajamas.

I have mixed feelings over being at work. The last seven weeks had been so blissful and peaceful, even with the crying and the dirty diapers. I'm starting to feel that perhaps I'm at a career crossroads, not knowing where to focus. Ultimately, I have to work, particularly if we want to give T everything that she needs, wants and deserves; as well as being able to one day add another member to the family. I hope to sit for my professional counselor's license before year's end, which will open some doors; but at the same time I really enjoy what I do now (for the most part). Decisions, Decisions. Fortunately, nothing has to be decided right now.

No comments: