Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two Months Old

Saturday, Teegen turned two months old! I cannot believe how time has gone by so fast. And she is developing quite the personality. Today, Larry and I took her for her two month doctor's visit, which included a vaccine or tow. I'm thankful that we have such a great doctor who listed to my concerns regarding vaccinations and is working with us to develop our own schedule of vaccines. Teegen handled the injection better than I thought. She hardly cried at all. Mom on the other hand, felt a bit faint and almost threw up!

Here's a little update on the girl:

  • She now weighs a whopping 11lbs 9 ozs. That's three pounds from last visit!
  • She measures in at 23.5 inches long.
  • She is sporadically sleeping through the night. I attribute this to the swaddling.
  • She is very vocal and loves to "talk"
  • She is able to hold her head up, for the most part. She still has some wobbly moments.
  • She has started to smile when someone smiles at her.
  • She loves to be carried in the Hotsling*.
  • She loves to have someone sing to her.
  • She has finally outgrown her newborn sleepers
  • She is the spit-up queen

Seriously...who is this strange boy?


Maybe I'll give you half of a grin


I love this blanket!

Hey Mommy, I like your new hair, but my dress is too big!


Really...my dress is too big.
But it looks good on me!

* I just want to go on record and say that I love my Hotsling and the idea of carrying my daughter in it. I fell in love with them long before we even started to discuss adoption. And as soon as we found out that we were going to be parents, I immediately ordered one in the "Tattoo" pattern, which features skulls, hearts, etc....a very edgy look, which I loved. A few days ago, Larry, being the great husband that he is, washed the sling...and dried it...shrinking it beyond belief. So, I went to order another one, but alas...no Tattoo pattern. So, what's a girl to do?.....I ordered two more in different patterns. Teegen has such a large wardrobe, I figured we needed some choices. If you are curious about slings, I would definately check out Hotslings!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - two months already? I know, the time flies by when you're on this end of it all! I love the dress - it's adorable!!!

Kelli said...

I can't believe it's already been 2 months! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

She is so pretty-love her smile.

Anonymous said...

She is getting sooooo big! Even if the dress is too big it is very cute!

Anonymous said...

She's getting so big! Oh and I loved all of my slings and carriers too :)