Saturday, September 13, 2008

A first time for everything

I'm sorry that I've been absent from the blogging world lately. There has been so much going on lately that I haven't had the time or the energy to write anything. I've gained a newfound respect for working mothers, particularly since becoming one. I'm so tired by the time I get home I'm useless! And I want to spend as much time with Teegen as I possibly can.

This week marked a week of several "firsts" for Teegen. Monday was her first day of child care and subsequently the first day that the three of us had to all get out of the house by a certain time. I handled leaving her at child care, relatively well. It is helpful that the center is on the campus of the hospital where I start every day. The great location gives both of us a chance to stop and spend some time with her during the day. I was able to rock her after her midday bottle four days this week, with Larry checking on her on Friday.

So far, so good with child care. However, she experienced another first after two days of "school." Her very first runny nose, which she is tolerating much better than I am. In fact, I'm pretty sure that she passed her illness on to me.

In other big news, she rolled from her back to her belly on Sunday night. I'm pretty sure it was a fluke, but we were encouraging her to do it again.


Hey Ma, I'm ready for my first day of school!

Sitting in my Bumbo for the first time. I don't know if I like it or not.


Worn out from all the activity of the week.


Teegen hits the three month mark later this week. I continue to be amazed that this beautiful and wonderful soul is ours. Each day is such a blessing.

Hopefully I will get around to posting a three month update later this week. There might also be some exciting news around the corner. I hope to get confirmation on this later in the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

luv the bumbo pic, she looks like she is on the toilet.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the perfect arrangement for daycare - if you've gotta do it, that's the way to do it! The pics are so cute - and way to go on rolling over, D wouldn't roll that way until a few weeks ago! And Delaney tolerated the Bumbo in her earlier months, but now the last month or two we've really been using it a ton as she got a little bigger. Teegan is sure a cutie!

Kim Jennings said...

I don't think any baby can sit comfortably in those Bumbo things. And, as soon as they are able to sit in them, they crawl out. Go figure!?!

Kathryn said...

I can't believe she is almost 3 months old. It sems you just announced her arrival, not that long ago.