Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions 2009

Like I said last year, I don't typically like making resolutions. However, I found that by putting them in writing where they were easily accessible, I made myself more accountable for them.

Last year, I made 5 resolutions: To eat less sugar and work out more; Start an earnest effort to work on my license; Read at least one book a week, start playing my guitar again and to stop calling our child "Owen." So how did I do? I admit that I completely bombed eating less sugar and working out more and playing my guitar more. Neither one of those panned out. However I did pretty well on the remaining resolutions:

  • I started and finished the effort get my license. I am officially an LPC.
  • Now, by the simple notion that Teegen was female and arrived this year, we stopped calling the baby Owen. So perhaps I can't take all credit for this.
  • I may not have read 52 books this year, but I read 30 to 31 books this year. And with the arrival of a newborn midyear, I consider this resolution kept!
So, here it goes for my 2009 resolutions;

Number #1-- To start a more healthy lifestyle. With my new job, I should be able to get to the gym over lunch. This is something that both Larry and I have to do for ourselves and for Teegen.

Number #2 -- Work on our finances! I know that many people will focus on this over the next year or two and we have to make it a top priority. We would like to look towards a second adoption and the finances have to be in check.

Number #3 -- Try to be more "green."

Number #4 -- Read a book a week in 2009. I really want to do this one. So it might be a resolution until I actually accomplish it.

What are some of your resolutions?

No comments: