Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bad Blogger!

So, I realize that I have not been the best blogger lately. The past few weeks have been emotionally draining for a number of reasons and I haven't had the energy to keep this updated. There is nothing new to report as far as the adoption other than it continues to the ever-changing roller coaster ride. We are working with new agency that maintains regular contact with us, which is great, but not without its ups and downs. We heard a few weeks ago that our profile was being shown, however we found out that this was not the case. Not anything extreme, but disheartening nonetheless.


Work has also been in somewhat of an upheaval lately. I'm sure that will all work out for the best however.


In the meantime, I'm trying to keep all of my free time occupied. Thankfully the weather has gotten better, which means my small garden is growing, growing, growing. I've already gathered several strawberries and see a few yellow blossoms on the tomato plants.

We're also participating in a really cool program called Horse and Buggy Produce. It provides locally grown, spray free produce and other types of food products. Most of the produce and other goods come from Mennonite Farmers in Virginia. I'm have the best time with this. I'm being introduced to tons of new types of produce and spending a lot more time cooking. I'm hopeful to add a few more products from this service soon. I'm working really hard to move towards a more organic lifestyle...(yes, Leanne, go ahead and call me a hippie.)

I'm also doing more knitting, even getting a "knitting machine." Hopefully soon I will post some photos of my creations. I'm still getting used to the machine. We'll see.

2 comments:

Jilian said...

I guess that means I'm a 'badder' blogger.

Anonymous said...

Our stuff comes from Horse and Buggy, too! I really think it's great.