Friday, May 4, 2007

Faith

Keeping the Faith

Since Larry and I began the process of expanding our family, faith has been has been an integral part of keeping me sane. Not just through the process of trying to have a baby, but through several other things as well, particularly the illness and passing of my stepmother, who was like my second mother. The bracelets in the picture above all have a single charm, on which is inscribed the word "Faith." When Anne got sick in '04, I found these bracelets and gave one to her, my sister and kept one for myself. We wore them as a reminder of what we needed to help through the difficult time. I stopped wearing mine shortly after Anne passed away last year. But last week, I found myself wearing it again. And each time I look at it or hear the charm clink against the bracelet I'm reminded that I need to have faith that we will get through this process, we will meet our child and we will have the family that we've longed for.


No comments: