Monday, May 21, 2007

Time keeps on ticking...

It seems that we might be entering into a period of time where we will be doing a lot of waiting and waiting and waiting. But we do have a few pieces of news to report:

We're almost done with all of the requirements for the home study. Our social worker should come by sometime this week to pick up a few remaining pieces of paperwork and meet with us one final time.

I (Megan) passed my medical workup, meaning I don't have syphilis or HIV and I "would be able to physically and emotionally meet the requirements of raising a child." I did have to have a booster shot for the mumps. I now know why babies cry when they get their vaccines. Not because of the needle, but because it feels like someone is injecting you with liquid fire. A week later and my arm is still sore.

We got a packet from Carolina Adoption Services last week about preparing our dossier. (Makes me think of James Bond every time I say that.) Half of it is in Vietnamese. By starting to work on this, it means that we are one step closer to getting our referral. I like to think that we are almost in the second trimester.

And I just want to remind those of you read this that my 30th birthday is right around the corner. I would love to have our homestudy completed and off to USCIS by then. What a great gift that would be!!! But I'll still take gifts as well.

1 comment:

Velvet Minnick said...

Hey Megan! Just thought I would post a comment to let you know that:

A - I am now reading your blog
B - I enjoyed meeting you at sml
C - I think about your adoption process almost every day
D - happy early birthday!

Keep on posting (maybe one day I will catch up on mine) I enjoy the updates!

Velvet