Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hip Hip Hooray

The past few days have brought about a few new developments on the adoption front. Larry and I met with our social worker on Saturday. The meeting was brief, basically to go over what we still needed in order to complete the home study. While she was here, she said that there were a few things that we still needed, including two background checks that we had sent off about a month ago. I had my heart sent on the home study being complete soon, so I immediately fell into a little funk. But it was nothing that a little shopping couldn't cure.

Later that afternoon, the social worker called back and said that she had found the missing background checks. Only a reference letter and my statement of employment were still out. And as of this afternoon, they had both been received. Which means that OUR HOME STUDY IS ALMOST FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!

I'm very excited about the prospect of having it completed by my birthday!

It's difficult when I find myself becoming upset about the process and the amount of time that it seems to be taking. I'm forced to bring myself back to reality when I realize that we have only been in the process for two months. But it feels like forever!

No comments: