Saturday, June 2, 2007

Such sadness....


Today was such a sad day at our house. Our beloved Loba died peacefully after a battle with cancer. I was by his side throughout the day and was with him when he died. We are all so sad at the loss of such a great cat. He was beautiful and stoic. He came into our family shortly after Larry and I moved into our house. I went to PetSmart and saw this scrawny little black cat. I knew he belonged in our family. He screamed the entire way home and then proceeded to poop in the back seat of my Geo Prism (I'm sure his cousin Grisman would later go on to do much worse in said car).

He started out scrawny and quickly grew into a massive cat. He weighed close to 17 pounds when he was in his prime. And he ruled the house. He had huge paws and teeth, which would often scratch you if he was smoothing you. He was such a treasure and he will be missed.

We'll miss you, big man!!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

So sorry about your Loba. I have almost always had cats in my life, and know how hard it is to lose them. They really do change your world, don't they? I am thinking of you with the loss of Loba - he looked like a pretty good guy to have around.

Anonymous said...

I'll miss listening to Loba purr, his velvety fur, and miss trying to lift the boy up-he was quite a big man! What love he had for you both and his side kicks Zoe, Colvin and Tobie. He is not suffering anymore and he is up in Kittycat Heaven at peace.

Love you guys, Taryn

Kelly said...

I'm thinking of you, Megan. I've been thinking of you a lot lately, lurking about your blog and greatly enjoying reading about your adoption journey. I'm so sorry to hear about Loba. I remember your telling me how she got her name.

Thank you so much for the sweet note that you mailed me. I will return the favor very soon. And that's a promise!

All good wishes, Kelly and John

Ange said...

Hi, I just found your blog. I'm so sorry for the loss of your pet. He looks like he was a wonderful addition to your family. Take care...