Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Feeling some Frustration

The last 24 hours have been so frustrating for Larry and I. We've been waiting for awhile for our home study to be completed and on its way to CIS. But in order for the home study to be completed, we needed one more background check/fingerprints to be processed. Yesterday, I got an email from our social worker letting us know that my fingerprints were back, but Larry would have to have his redone. WHAT???? Needless to say, I flipped out a little bit. It took almost a month for the initial fingerprints to come back. So how long will it take for these new ones to come back? And would this hold up our home study?

This bit of news led to a great deal of frustration on my part. I was starting to feel like we were being pushed and pulled in several different directions, yet not accomplishing anything. There were lots of tears last night, which I have come to realize is something that is common in this process.

Twenty-four hours later, things are looking somewhat brighter. Larry contacted the agency this morning and will be reprinted tomorrow. The prints will then be overnighted to Richmond, along with a letter stating that they are a re-do. The first draft of our home study is also going to the agency director for review. Hopefully we will have a copy of it to review by the end of the weekend or early next week. I'm still optimistic that we can start preparing our dossier and receive our I71-H before the summer is over, if not sooner.

I've added a quote to the page from a song by Carolyn Dawn Johnson. My sister-in-law Jilian recommended it a few posts ago when I was feeling frustrated. It has helped me tremendously in the last 24 hours and is my new philosophy in this process. So, Jilian, I may owe my sanity to you this week!

2 comments:

Anne said...

So sorry you are having to deal with these setbacks. Believe me when I say I understand. The last couple of days have been full of tears and frustration for us, as well, but all this will lead us to our child! Praying that things will go fast and smooth for you from here on out!
-Anne

Anonymous said...

I cant imagine the patience its going to take through this process. But another great lyricist once wrote "gotta keep ya head up."
Tupac : )