Saturday, June 16, 2007

The newest member of our family...

Today we added a member to our family. No, it is not a baby and it is not from Vietnam. We've added another cat to our brood; this time a tortoiseshell kitten who goes by the name of Josie. We went to PetSmart this afternoon just to look...and Larry fell in love. And truth be told, so did I. The other animals are not too keen on her just yet. That will take some time.

Josie is actually the name she came with. See, I am a bit picky when it comes to names for animals. For some reason, every animal that we have had together has had an "o" as the second letter of their name. And Josie fit beautifully.

I initially did not want to get another cat. I was very set against it. We loved Loba (and still do) so much. To imagine bringing another animal in to the mix so soon was something I didn't think I could do. But the other animals in the house have been moping around all week. They are grieving the loss harder than I expected. And in no way are we trying to replace Loba. But there has been a void in the atmosphere of the house. Josie seems to brighten things just a bit.

And now on to the photos. And I promise to update with some adoption info tomorrow.


Up close


A profile view


We also want to congratulate our niece Hannah, who graduated from high school today. We are very proud of her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gris and Cash say "welcome to the fam!" And please ask Josie not to stare at Cash's worm.

Anonymous said...

Josie is adorable!

K said...

I have to tell you that Josie looks just like my Misty! We also live near you- in frederick. Good luck with your adoption.