Sunday, June 10, 2007

Another year older...

As of yesterday, I officially left my twenties in the dust, entering my thirties in style. What a great few days I've had. I spent Friday with my good friends Taryn and Kyler at Carowinds, riding some of the coolest rides. If you have a chance to get here, be sure to ride Top Gun and The Borg. Both offer thrilling rides. We had a blast. It was really hot that day, but the crowds were minimal. Lots of fun. Even the trip home, which took 6 hours, when it should have only taken 3 and a half hours, was loads of fun.


My actual birthday was Saturday. Larry and I spent the day with family and friends. I got some great gifts and thoughtful cards. We are also spending the weekend in my hometown, relaxing and enjoying time together.


Tomorrow we plan on heading down to Greensboro, NC, to meet with our program coordinator for Vietnam. It will be nice to put faces to names as we go through this process. In adoption news, we are just waiting for our home study to be completed. We're waiting on another background check to come through before this can be completed. I really wish it would hurry up.


Look how cute I was 28 years ago!!!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday, Megan! 30 isn't so bad, now is it? I got over the initial shock pretty quickly. Who needs the Turbulent Twenties, anyway? Wow, we were teenagers when we first met, weren't we?! Glad you had a fun birthday.

Anonymous said...

Great pic! Great chair! Happy happy day......
Bra

S. said...

Happy Birthday! I would take my 30s over my 20s any day!

Rachel said...

Happy (very very late) birthday. How does 30 feel?