Saturday, July 14, 2007

This is your life...in 8 pages

After three and half months, we received the draft of our home study for our approval. It's not 100% finished, as we are still waiting on Larry's fingerprints. But for the most part it is complete. It's amazing to see your entire life condensed to eight pages! EIGHT PAGES. I don't know how our social worker was able to do that, but she did. And the end result is pretty darn good. I told Larry last night that we looked pretty impressive on paper. I am hopeful that the prints will be back within the week.

And with the draft of the home study, the reality of this is starting to sink in. I'm so excited about the next few months. Some of the wait times with our agency have increased slightly, but I am still hopeful that he or she will be home with us sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Yeah! Hope the fingerprints come back quick, so you can send the homestudy to CIS. I think I heard that VA's CIS is super slow, but hopefully I am wrong or that they start speeding up.

Kelly said...

Eight pages, huh? I betcha that I could sum up the essential points in one sentence: Megan is one of the most funny, intelligent, caring, thoughtful, interesting, unusual, insightful, irreverant, and loyal people that you will ever meet. (And Larry ain't so bad himself). But I suppose that they need details about why all of these things are so... Happy to hear that the process is progressing!

Jilian said...

Another step :) I'd love to read your 8 page life!