Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Will we ever move forward????

I had hoped we would be close to moving forward by the end of July. I was wrong. Larry was notified today that his second set of local fingerprints were no good as well. So off to Roanoke he went to get another fingerprint card, instead of waiting for the mail. Who knows if they will be acceptable.

And because of this wait, our background checks have expired, which means we have to do another. I am hoping this doesn't set us too far back. But this has been a real downer!

We're trying to get something together for our dossier, so we will be even closer once all of this red tape has been handled.

5 comments:

Anne said...

I have come to hate the words "red tape". Just seems endless... However, you WILL move forward! We all will!!!
p.s. Playing tag never gets old, even as adults ;)

R&H said...

Will we ever move forward seems like a question we ask ourselves everyday..ugh.
I just have to keep reminding myself that it WILL happen eventually we'll be home with our baby and planning the paperchase again for baby number 2...someday!
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

megan - I do hope things take a step forward. I knew you were worried about all of this happening. Please keep me up to date as much as possible I leave in about less than three weeks. I hope to try to have dinner with you and larry soon!

Jay and Jamie Dalton said...

I came across your blog today. I know the whole process can be frustrating and disheartening, but hold your head high.

Anonymous said...

*hugs* I'm sorry for the setback. We keep you in our thoughts and I know that when this happens you guys will be such amazing and wonderful parents.