Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving and Loss

What a week we've had...

On Tuesday, Larry's father passed away peacefully. While we were somewhat expecting this, nonetheless it's still difficult. So, we are leaning on one another and trying to smile through this difficult time. He was a wonderful man, full of life and smiles and stories. He was a great father and grandfather. I wish that our child would have had the chance to meet him, but he/she will most definately know all about him.

I wrote last week that I would write what I'm really thankful for, not just the superficial stuff listed last week. It's been said time and again, but I'm most thankful for my family and friends. I've got a great family and terrific friends. My husband rocks...and loves me enough to put up with me and all my baggage. I've got the best dad in the world. And I couldn't ask for better siblings (and their significant others). Without a doubt I have the two greatest neices on the planet and I can't wait until my newest neice arrives in January. There's not enough space to write about just how thankful I am for my family.

And I'm greatful our family is expanding. More love to go around and more memories to make and cherish. Here's hoping that there's an extra plate or two at the table next year.

Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is odd that loss often makes us even more thankful for those who mean the most to us.

You are right Megan, our family has grown so wonderfully over the years and I'm so thankful for that. And we'll always have room at our table for a few more.

Dad

K said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Leslie & Shaune said...

Megan, i'm sorry to read this. my heart is with you and your husband during this loss :(