Monday, February 18, 2008

One more step closer?

Tomorrow, Larry is going to deliver our portfolio and letter to the domestic agency. I'm so excited about moving forward. But I will say that writing that letter was difficult. Coming from a background steeped in writing, I thought that perhaps I would breeze through it. But instead I got a gigantic case of writer's block.

Alas, it's written now. And I am very happy with the results.

Not much other news to report. Our 8 year old niece spent the night Friday night and I introduced her to the movie "The Goonies." I LOVE IT!!! It was fun sharing one of my greatest childhood memories with her.

Our dossier is on the way back from the Vietnamese Consulate right now. Not sure what to do with it yet.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has an even better week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goonies...The greatest movie never to win an Oscar

Anonymous said...

Yeah! One step closer on all fronts even if you don't send your dossier!

Anne said...

Just wanted to say best of luck with the domestic adoption! How long do you anticipate you will wait before being matched?

Kreative Kids Preschool said...

Our birthmother letter was the hardest thing ever.. How do you sum up your who day to day life, all about you and your husband, and your marriage, and so forth in one letter, that 5 years ago could only be front page only, with room for a 3x5 photo???? It was hard.. but all the hard work will be worth it in the end!
Keep the updates coming! April