Sunday, March 30, 2008

Celebrating Birthdays

This weekend, Larry and I traveled to Richmond to help our friends Leanne and Ingram celebrate their baby boy's first birthday! We had a great time celebrating with Thorn. The party theme was "should have been a St. Patrick's Day party," and included shamrocks, lots of green, Irish Soda Bread and Shepard's Pie. Sadly, there was no green beer, but then again it was a children's party.

Thorn has changed so much in a year. He and I had a great time playing with his new drum and other musical instruments. I'm sure his mother with repay me for the loud gift.


On the way home today, Larry and I stopped by Babies R Us to get some ideas about what we should register for. What did we learn from that? That Larry and I can't agree on anything we want for our child. But we did compromise...Larry picked out the stroller, and I get to pick everything else...seems pretty fair.

Nothing else to report for now...but soon maybe.


Thorn at one day old.


Thorn at one year and two days old.


Two leprechauns having a blast!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww how cute! Glad that you enjoyed the time you were able to spend with Thorn! Sounds like a great baby shopping plan to me (because when he is complaining about how the stroller is not working right, then you get to say hey look you picked it out, right :) )

Anonymous said...

Wooooo boy. No way I was giving up control of the stroller choice! Glad you had fun at the party... we're having one in June you can come to... if you want to trek out to CA.... but my hope is that you will be too busy with your own little on by then to even think about travelling across the country for any reason at all.

Anonymous said...

I so wish I had your dedication to blog! I can't focus nearly as well as you. Hey - Lauren Jennings found me on Myspace! Call me! Jen

Anonymous said...

I just want to tell you I am so glad you that I have you to keep my brother young! I am so looking forward to THAT day you become parents - it will be fantabulous! Love you both.