Monday, March 17, 2008

Memories

Twenty-two years ago this week, my mother passed away very unexpectedly. I'm taking it much harder this year than in years past, but I think that's because of the situation we're in right now. So close to parenthood, yet still not quite in our grasp. I just wanted to post a few pictures of the two of us together, in memory of her.
I would guess that this was Christmas 1978


Hope my dad doesn't mind having this on the Internet!

Thanks for indulging me in this post. I will hopefully have some adoption news sooner rather than later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears she loved you very much! Thanks for sharing!

Kelli said...

I have been having similar feelings. I lost my only sister 3 1/2 years ago. As her birthday approaches, I keep thinking about what a great aunt she would have been. Your baby will have a special angel watching over her!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sissy, its your Bubba from Florida. I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you I love ya. I noticed the pics of you and yo mama and it brings a smile to my face and heart. I know you miss her as well as do I, it seems we had a short time together as a family of four but I just want to let you know I have nothing but fond loving memories of our childhood together and I am nothing but honored to say that my second mother was one of the most beautiful, intelligent and caring person I have ever known. I can guarantee she is looking down at you everyday and glowing with pride for what a terrific, sister, wife and soon to be mother you have turned out to be. I love ya and miss ya, talk to you soon,
Paul Q.

Anonymous said...

I know your mom and God are picking the best baby for you!

Anonymous said...

I know your mom and the Big Man upstairs are picking the best bambino for you!

Julie