Sunday, May 10, 2009

On becoming a mom

So, today is my very first Mother's Day. There were times over the last few years that I never thought this would happen. And there have been times this year when I've looked at Teegen and wondered "When did this happen?" Yesterday, as I sat snuggling my best friend's new son, we both pondered the question of "How did we get here?" To me, it seems like only yesterday when we were riding around in her white Mustang, doing things that we knew we shouldn't be doing and listening to what was undoubtedly the best mix tape ever. And now, within the space of just over two years, we're both mommies collectively to the three cutest kids ever. (Ok, I might be a bit biased on that account.)

I am proud of many of the accomplishments I have had throughout my life. But I have never been as proud of anything in my entire life then I am at being Teegen's mom. She is without a doubt the light of my life and there are times when I look at her and realize I love her so much that my heart actually hurts, but in a good way.

Last week, I was holding her and she looked at me with her big eyes and whispered "MaMa." Talk about emotional!

What a great morning it was to wake up to Teegen's smiling face! This girl just continues to amaze me! We had a great Mother's Day morning, going to breakfast and heading to our favorite store. And Larry and Teegen gave me exactly what I wanted for the day...a Tiny Tag Charm with Teegen printed on it!

Here are some of my favorite Mommy/Daughter pictures throughout the year.



Our very first snuggle



Two months old

Four months old


Trying to decide what to order from room service in Vegas at 6 months old

Celebrating our first Mother's Day at 10 months old

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy First Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great First Mother's Day!