Friday, June 27, 2008

As I sit here out west, a long way from home, I've been contemplating the journey we have been on over the last two years. There were so many times that I thought it was time to throw in the towel, but looking at my daughter, I realize now that this long and winding road was the journey we were meant to take.
The last six to eight weeks had been especially rocky, with some changes going on at our homestudy agency. Two or three days before we received word that we had been choosen, I was probably at the lowest point I had been since we started this process. Both Larry and I had come to terms and accepted that this journey was going to be longer then we thought and we were okay with that. But just a few days later, we received the call that forever changed our lives.

I've had a few people ask about our time line and since this will be part of Teegen's scrapbook, I wanted to include a sort of retrospective of our journey:

Two years ago we started some minimal fertility treatments with no success

19 months ago we attended an informational meeting on adoption

15 months ago we sent in our inital application to adopt

14 months ago we started our homestudy

13 months ago we began the great fingerprint debacle, that would last the summer

10 months ago we had a completed homestudy in hand

6 months ago we decided to switch to a domestic infant adoption
5 months ago we sent our profile to our homestudy agency

7 weeks ago we sent our profiles to a new agency in Nevada

2 weeks ago Teegen was born
1 week ago we became a family of three

Tomorrow we go home!



Once we get home and get settled, I will right more about our journey out West and what transpired while we were here. Some will remain unwritten, as it's Teegen's story, not mine. But I will share some of the high points. For now, here's another picture.


5 comments:

Josh and Marcie said...

I can only imagine how thrilled you are right now. I am so happy for you and I am think she is beautiful! Congratulations on being a family of three!

Jo said...

I am truly happy for all 3 of you.

I found the perfect saying 2 days before we got our referral. It goes "God's timing is always perfect, never early, never late!"

It fits perfect for adoption.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And I cannot wait to hear more of the story! Hope you are settling in just fine!

Anonymous said...

Annie is so excited about planning her and her cousin's first halloween picture. She is thinking Brittney and LLo.....

Julie

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am loving reading your latest chapters of your story! What a beautiful baby - congratulations!