Thursday, April 26, 2007

A first time for everything

Over the weekend, I headed over to Richmond to visit friends and their new baby. The purpose of the trip was to hang out with Leanne, her husband Ingram and baby Thorn before she left for China. And we had a blast, at least Leanne and I think so. I'm not so sure what Thorn thinks, since he managed to spit up on me three times. But Thorn and I got in some quality snuggle time, which is really what's important.

Thorn's just hanging out


We got the chance to eat at a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch, which was my first experience with the cuisine. LOVED IT!!!

We had steamed pork dumpling and wonton wrapped fried shrimp as appetizers. I was a bit thrown off when the shrimp's little legs were sticking out of the wonton wrapper. On to the main course which included fried rice, a seafood hot pot (with flames shooting out of the dish) and shrimp grilled on sugar cane. There was a lot of laughter, particularly when I tried to wrap my food in the rice paper wrappers provided. Not a pretty picture. Leanne and I had planned on trying a drink called crazy bubble tea, but we were simply too full to even try.

After lunch, it was off shopping. And I bought our first nursery purchase. I've been trying to refrain from buying anything for a nursery, for fear of jinxing myself. But with the homestudy looming, I broke down and bought curtains.

Finally, our day was over and I headed back home to prepare for our home study visit and walkthrough.

No comments: