Friday, April 20, 2007

Homestudy and Walkthrough Preparedness

For the last few days, Larry and I have been working on the house, making sure that it is in great shape for our upcoming homestudy. The house is as clean as it has been in some time...I just hope that we can keep it this way. If something had not been used in over six months or was just plain ugly, it went into the yard sale bin. I'm hoping for quite a haul, as I've got my eyes on several ebay auctions.

So, we've dusted and vacuumed and mopped and swept and swiffered...and then done it all a few more times. I became the Tasmanian Devil of cleaning. Larry even tried to vacuum Tobie. (For those of you who don't know, Tobie is our border collie/Jack Russell mix.) Tobie, on the other hand, contributed very little to the cleaning endeavor. We're ready for the home study walk through. I've even put children's books on the shelf in what will eventually be the nursery.

...and then our social worker calls with a medical emergency. So our visit has been postponed until Tuesday evening. This almost led to Freak Out #2...but I went shopping instead. We've also got enough stuff going on in the next few days to keep us both occupied. Work on Saturday and then a trip to Richmond to see my best friend Leanne, her husband Ingram and their new baby Thorn, also known as Baby Bowen's future best friend. Leanne and I are planning on hitting a Vietnamese restaurant. Stay tuned for that entry.


Publish
Tobie is very excited about the home study!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, right mom!

Anonymous said...

Your house is always clean and presentatable. Any child would be lucky to have you and Larry as parents!!! Keep up the hard work!