Sunday, April 15, 2007

Owen Bowen???

Some of you may be wondering why the address of this blog is owenbowen.blogspot.com. I can promise you that we will not name this child Owen Bowen. However, for quite some time now this is been what we have called our future child.

Larry and I were discussing potential names one evening. After he rejected one of my favorites, Xander, I asked Larry if he had any suggestions. He responded with:

"I really like the name Owen."

"Owen? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, Owen. It has a ring to it"

"I think Owen is a perfectly fine name...if our last name wasn't Bowen. We cannot name our child Owen Bowen. "

"Why not?"

"Because he'll get beat up on the playground on a daily basis."

Thus is the origin of Owen Bowen. We've made quite a joke out of calling our child Owen Bowen. But never fear, that name is simply out of the question.

5 comments:

dawn said...

Hey ... what about the grandfather. No mention of him here anywhere.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Grandpa Mike. There is also no mention of Auntie Kim in there anywhere either! What is up with this?

Anonymous said...

Yes, "Mikey" they should have mentioned you. But memory goes when you are "expecting!"

S. said...

Oh thank goodness, I was nervous there for a minute, LOL! Cute nickname though! Looking forward to following your journey!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever Googled (Or I use www.dogpile.com) and see what comes up for Owen Bowen - pretty impressive!
And what about Aunt DeeDo?