Thursday, April 26, 2007

Homestudy,Bloodwork and a Sick Cat

Tuesday was the scheduled date for my homestudy interview and the walkthrough of the house, which looked great. Alas, when you think everything is going smoothly, there is always a kink in the chain.

I got home from work on Tuesday a little early because I had to stop by my doctor's office to have bloodwork done for my medical clearance form. And by bloodwork, I don't mean a routine chemistry screen, I mean tests for HIV and syphilis. The lab tech, who happens to know Larry, looked at me and asked if Larry and I were still married, since I was having tests for all these STDs. "Yes we're still married, but we're adopting and we have to have this medical form...blah,blah,blah...like it's any of your business anyway."

After the doctor's visit, it was straight home, where I found Loba, our black cat, laying in his litter box, obviously not feeling well. He recently had surgery for a cancerous tumor, so I freaked out. I moved him to the sofa where he hung out during the homestudy.

Our social worker arrived as schedule and the interview was a breeze and actually a lot of fun. She had some really great questions. And then she did the walkthrough which was also a breeze.

Once Larry came home, we conferred about the cat...and it was off to the Kitty ER for the Bowens. Loba had a fever of 105.5 and some underlying infection. He's doing better now, but still not back to his old self.

In other news, today is our 4th wedding anniversary and we're off to my brother's wedding. What a great celebration!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for the successful homestudy. Happy anniversary.