Tuesday, August 14, 2007

In Motion Once Again

After three trips to Roanoke, two trips to the county jail, three sets of smeared prints and numerous miles logged into the car, I can finally rest easy in the knowledge that my husband actually has fingerprints and he is not a criminal or from another planet. That is correct...Larry's fingerprints have cleared. Larry had his fourth set of prints scanned, rather than inked. And I must say...they were fabulous prints. I must confess I was starting to believe my husband was dipping his fingers in battery acid when I wasn't looking.

So, where does this leave us now? Well, hopefully this means our home study will receive its official stamp of approval and head to the USCIS office. Once there, we will wait for our I71H, which is approval to bring home our Vietnamese cutie. I'm not sure how long this will take. There have been rumors that the office we have to go through is picking up the pace, after becoming notoriously slow. In the meantime, Larry and I are beginning to compile our dossier, which I will discuss in a later post.

Needless to say, we are both relieved to have officially jumped through this hoop. I must confess I was beginning to wonder if the wheels would ever start moving again.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Congrats on FINALLY getting through that step!!!

Jilian said...

woohoo! great news :)

Kathryn said...

YEAH; FINALLY!!