Friday, August 17, 2007

While in Vietnam...

While we are still in limbo concerning our home study and fingerprints, Larry and I are growing more and more excited about the prospect of meeting our child sooner rather than later. But this state of limbo impedes the blogging process. I was chastised about not updating often enough, so I am going to make an effort to blog at least every few days.

We watched two very interesting shows on the travel channel throughout the week about food in Vietnam. One was with Anthony Bourdain, who I love, and the other was about bizarre foods. (Thanks Jilian for the recommendation.) I must say that the program featuring bizarre foods, had a few choice moments, which caused all of the color to drain out of my face. I'm not sure if it was the snake cracklings (like pork rinds) or the stewed bull penis. At one point, Larry looked at me and said through his laughter "You're not going to eat anything when we there, are you?" While I hope to not eat the aforementioned delicacies, I am looking forward to most of the Vietnamese cuisine.

I also thought I would post a map of Vietnam. Our agency works with orphanages in the provinces of Phu Tho, Tuyen Quang, Quang Ninh, Danang, Quang Nam and Yen Bai.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a ton of Vietnamese food - but shrimp toast is my favorite that I've tried! mmmmmmmm.....shrimp toast.

Unknown said...

So you are learning what NOT to order while you are there. I hope you get your travel orders soon!