Thursday, January 3, 2008

A must read!

I know that this is typically reserved for adoption stuff, but I just finished the best book. It was "The Almost Moon" by Alice Sebold. It was fabulous. She is an amazing writer. Her words are just incredible. She also wrote "The Lovely Bones" which is also a great read.

"The Almost Moon" is about a daughter's struggles with her relationship with her mother and the stigma of mental illness. But there are several twists and turns.

So far, I'm doing pretty good with the reading challenge.

3 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

oh i loved the book lovely bones. i will have to look for this one. after my 1200 pager i'm tackeling at the moment i am ready for a different kind of read :)

leslie

Carissa said...

Thanks for the suggestions!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I was really into The Lovely Bones...I'll try to pick this one up too. Not that I have much time to read these days though. And enjoy books now, while you can...cause reading for pleasure...other than perhaps The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Goodnight Moon... goes on a temporary hiatus once baby arrives...